Friday, September 18, 2015

Twitter Coding Test

Twitter coding test a very weird coding test, it consisted of 2 questions. The first one was so easy, I did it in under 5 minutes. The second one I thought it was also easy but I coded in around 10-15 minutes. The problem is I did not fully understand the problem, and it turns out to be one of the hardest problems I have ever seen in coding tests (generally they should be easy in comparison with ACM problems). When I figured that out I was only left with 20 minutes, now I have to figure out a solution, write it, and test it. To be honest it took me some time to figure out the idea, but finally I got it. I wrote it down, but there was a bug with my code, I did not manage to fix within the time frame of the test, that is way I ended up with only 1 problem solved, so I received the 'thank you' hated email the next day.

Lessons learnt:
1. Verify your f***** idea before implementing.
2. Read the problem clearly.
3. Avoid over confidence.
4. Brush up your algorithmic knowledge before indulging into such tests.

The good thing is I can apply again in 6 months, but online.

Tip:
I think at twitter they want to see your contribution to the open source community, so fill your resume with your great contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment